Save New Orleans Sounds Initiative
- Share knowledge of musicians’ hearing research: (add links to dangerous decibels and the ear animation.
Auditory Transduction- You Tube
Decibel Exposure Time Guidelines
- Research Cultural attitudes: how cool is LOUD music in New Orleans?
- Inventory hearing beliefs of Musicians, Sound men and those who work in Music clubs
Download Questionnaire passed out to musicians
- Encourage Self Efficacy of each cultural icon and music fan by providing strategies for personal hearing protection.
- Provide access to resources for hearing testing and treatment
New Orleans Speech and Hearing Center 1636 Toledano New Orleans, LATo have your hearing tested and any treatment, become a patient at the New Orleans Musicians’ Clinic! Call 504-412-1366. NOMC will provide you with a referral to New Orleans Speech and Hearing Center!
- Education to engage behavioral change
Find out more about the Save New Orleans Sounds Initiative at the New Orleans Musician’s Clinic website.
Christophe E. Jackson & Bethany Bultman in Krewe Du Vieux 2013.
View full gallery
Photos by Brian Epstein