from the Herman Ernest Health Care Initiative
When: Saturday, April 14th, 2012
Time: 2 pm – 5 pm
New Orleans Fire Department Headquarters
317 Decatur St., New Orleans, LA 70130
View Map Online
- Louisiana has 1 of the 3 highest cancer death rates in the USA (according to the American Cancer Society).
- African Americans have 2X the mortality rate compared to their non-African American counterparts.
- Uninsured patients have 3X the mortality rate compared to their insured counterparts.
- Please get screened today to improve these outcomes!
Cancer Screening Facts
- Screenings are non-invasive.
- Tulane doctors or interns will perform the screenings.
- They will first ask you a few questions to determine your risk level.
- They will look inside your mouth, feel your gums and cheeks, feel your neck for any lumps.